Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Creative Decorating Ideas

Wednesday, October 6, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

A shadow box border? They look like shadow boxes judging by the depth of the side profile. Either that or it's just very deep frames, because it does look like there are images in them? Either way, I like it...

T Keller Donovan/Michael Price Photography via DecorPad

I've talked more than once about updating chandeliers (and ceiling fan lights) by surrounding them with a drum shade. But... I haven't talked about doing small drum shades on chandeliers yet, have I? I think the exaggerated cylindrical shape of the shades in the image below makes them more interesting and the mixed up fabric adds a whimsical designer touch.

harlequin

(I can't remember if I've talked about table lamps yet, but putting a drum shade on a lamp can instantly give it a fresher, more updated look too!)

I like the way designer Thom Filicia seamlessly blends the TV into the decor by putting it into this niche with art above it. Placing a cozy secondary seating area in front of it makes it even less of a focal point (especially when the TV is off of course!).

House Beautiful photo Thomas Loof

I've been trying to figure out if it's an optical illusion or if the sconces in this image are actually mounted directly on the mirror. If so, I think it's a clever idea.

House Beautiful photo David Tsay

P.S. I had a question on a source for fresh, modern wallpaper that is not to the trade only. I haven't had occasion to shop for any recently and am wondering if any of you have any suggestions/sources? Thanks!

10/7/2010: For those of you not checking comments, I thought I would add this suggestion that I gave to someone there in case it might be something you would want to try. Here's what I said in answer to a question on wallpaper: "I'm hoping we'll get some answers on the wallpaper resources. I'll try to do some research on it too when I get a chance. Have you found any fabric that you like? I'm not sure about applying it onto paneling but I know it can be applied to sheetrock. Might be another option to consider if you can't find wallpaper as soon as you would like. BHG.com has a tutorial here: http://www.bhg.com/homekeeping/fabric-walls/ ."

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading