Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Do It Yourself Projects From Extreme Makeover and Wallpaper Sources

Thursday, October 7, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

I'm a fan of Extreme Makeover Home Edition (sometimes I like the designs and sometimes I don't) because I love to watch the way everyone comes together to help a complete stranger have a better life. It's a good way to start out my week being reminded that every day that we're healthy and life is fairly "normal" with all of the little things in place that we take for granted, it is a day to be grateful for.

Anywho, last Sunday the designers made a huge chandelier out of doors for the foyer. It was way too big to fit in most of our average sized homes, but it was a fun DIY concept and I thought you all might like to see it, if you didn't see the show. Unfortunately, the only image I could find of the project was the one door above.

BUT. When I was on the website, I noticed that they have tutorials for DIY projects that they've completed on their shows (along with photos of the homes they've designed). I thought I would include a few here and give you the link for the rest if you're interested...

Eduardo's Natural Light Fixture

There are some DIYers in blog land that would probably do this light fixture in no time flat. I like the combination of the branches and metal.


Pallet Coffee Table

I've seen pallet tables before, but they were always rustic. Finishing this one in a bright, glossy color gives it a fresh, modern feel.

Ty's Dining Room Puzzle Table

This table is obviously huge, but I think it would be great in a scaled-down version, especially for a kids room play table or desk top. With shorter legs the scaled down version could be cute in a family room as a coffee table too.


_________________________________________________________

Prompted by this wallpaper post, some of you were asking about wallpaper sources, so I did a little research. I know there are a variety of budgets and tastes out there and this is in no way a comprehensive list, but hopefully those of you who are looking will be able to find what you need.

Ballard Designs
Burke Decor
All Modern
Graham Brown
Target refers you to
American Blind and Wallpaper
at their site

Design Sponge's Top 50 Wallpaper Sources

_________________________________________________________

Also, don't forget about the Pattern Inspiration Linky Party here on Wednesday, October 13th!
_________________________________________________________

Happy Weekend!

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading