Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Phantom Screens

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Image from: Harbor Bay Glass and Mirror

This a little off of the decorating path, but it does have to do with improving your home.

When we were in the process of building our home, we visited our new neighbors and immediately noticed (and loved) the Phantom retractable screen that they had on their front door. I don't know if this means that we don't get out much, but we had never seen a screen quite like it!

We contacted the Minnesota dealer and had one installed on both our front and sunroom doors. I can't say enough about how great these are! They mount to your existing door frame and are held in place by strong magnets when the screen is drawn across and, when not in use, the screen just retracts back out of sight. I love that even when the screen is across the opening, I have a full, unrestricted view of the outdoors. It honestly feels like there's nothing there (thus the term Phantom, I assume!). I also really like that it's hidden when not in use. They don't fall in the "to die for cheap" category, but they were worth every penny.

If I were to offer a word of caution it would be that I'm not sure how user-friendly these would be with small children who like to run in and out. My opinion is that they take more strength and need more guidance to open and close than a small child has.

What does the photo below have to do with Phantom Screens? Absolutely nothing... :-)
Have a great day!

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading