Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Pom Pom/Ball Fringe

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Patricia Gray blog

I've been seeing pom pom or ball fringe around a fair amount lately on everything from home decor to clothing (remember this scarf?) If you're a pom pom/ball fringe fan, this post shows you some ideas for incorporating it into your decor.

If you want to add some texture to your window treatment, how about using ball fringe like they did here? My inclination would have been to add the fringe to the inside edge, so the fact that they embellished the outside edge instead makes it more interesting to me.

Homes and Gardens

If you really like ball fringe, you could make this very textural cornice from BHG.com. Complete tutorial here.



If that's a little much for you, how about just using pom poms on your curtain tieback? Perennials Fabrics



Some of the other places you could add this trim are fairly obvious such as pillows, bedskirts, ottomans, towels, lampshades, etc. but a not-so-obvious idea would be to trim your office shelves.

BHG.com

Domestifluff has a complete tutorial on how to make pom pom flowers to put in a vase...
or to add to your gifts...


Raffia pom pom drink stirrers from marthastewart.com. Tutorial here.


Vivaterra has pom pom throws and pillows...


So does Pier 1...


I realize this is a Christmas project, but knowing me I won't remember that I found it by then so I'm posting it now. The tutorial for this snowball pom pom wreath is at marthatstewart.com...

Have an awesome day!

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading