Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Random Inspiration in Pink

Monday, January 25, 2010


houseandhome.com Photo Ted Yarwood

As seems typical for my random self, there really isn't anything that connects the images and ideas in this post except the color pink. Let's just say with Valentine's Day coming up I thought I should do something pink (which I suppose means I'll also have to do red? Hmmm... Maybe. We'll see but don't hold your breath. :-))

Are you interested in a Valentine's Day Ideas post or not? I could go either way, so it's up to you. I'll go by how many comments I get that say yes. If I don't get any, we'll skip it.

A good example of how you can add a little pink to your decor without going frou-frou.

Southern Living Photo Jean Allsopp Styling Alan Henderson

This is such a pretty girls room and would be fairly simple to recreate on a small budget. The wall color, the headboard and the pillow are the three elements that really make the statement here. Paint would be inexpensive to do (the color they used in this room was Pink Sky from Ralph Lauren Paint), the headboard is definitely DIYable (is that a word?) with the right tools, and even though this particular pillow is discontinued it wouldn't be that hard to find a pillow or fabric to give you the same look.

Southern Living Photo Laurey W. Glenn/Styling Scott Martin

If you like pink, this might be your room. In fact, I'm absolutely certain you would have to love pink for this to be your room. But, if you don't love pink, you could still use this as your room recipe and swap out the pink for your favorite color.

Southern Accents Photo Thibault Jeanson

Remember back in October when we talked about laminated fabrics for areas/items where you needed a high scrub factor? I had seen the Amanda Nisbet room that inspired the post in a BHG Decorating magazine that I had, but couldn't find it on-line to use it in the post. I actually just ran across the room the other day at BHG.com. The roman shade and decorative pillows in this kitchen banquette area were made with laminated fabrics.


Notice how the graphic black and white rug in this room punches it up a bit and makes it less predictable. If you have a room that needs a little punching up this idea might do the trick.

Amanda Nisbet Design

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading