Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Feng Shui - Creating Balance and Harmony in Your Home

Sunday, April 25, 2010


For Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me an interesting book entitled 10-Minute Feng Shui Room by Room by Skye Alexander.  This Chinese art of placement focuses on creating balance and harmony in one's home.  The goal is to keep the "chi" or energy moving.  I thought I would relate a few of the interesting tips from this book in my next few posts.  I read about placing a turtle near your front door to safeguard the members of your household and your property. Guess what's outside my front door?   Call me superstitious, but I'm willing to give anything a try that will enhance my livelihood !

"In order to help the chi and visitors to get their bearings when entering your home,create an attractive focal point by placing a healthy plant, picture, sculpture, or handsome piece of furniture in your foyer." The foyer sets the tone for the entire home. When staging a home, we always ensure an attractive foyer welcomes the prospective buyer.
House Beautiful


"To prevent stagnation, you should move the furniture in your living room around at least once a year.  By changing your furniture arrangement, you will invite new people and experiences into your life."  Just what a redesigner loves to hear! How many of you are constantly changing things around in your homes?  I do all the time and have my husband thoroughly confused at times.  At least, I'm keeping the "chi" flowing especially when I introduce new items I have purchased.  Really, though,I am keeping the money flowing - helping our economy!


 House Beautiful


"Mirrors are thought to double the energies of objects.  When you hang a mirror in a room, pay attention to what it reflects.  Place decorative items that represent qualities you desire and let the mirror 'double' their benefits."  When redesigning a room, we recommend that you ensure that your mirror reflects something attractive.  Mirrors should never be hung in areas where they would reflect a blank wall.  Remember if you do so you are not doubling any  "chi"!!! 



House Beautiful


~"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and rhythm and harmony."~  Thomas Merton









Blog Archive

 

Most Reading