Powered by Blogger.

Followers

18th-Century French Country House (with an ugly kitchen)

Friday, September 17, 2010


This home in Newport, R.I., is a 19th-century copy 
of an 18th-century French country house. 
It sits on eight high-walled acres.
Who doesn't love a walled in estate????
And just get a load of the 93-foot-long swimming pool in the shape of a semicircle.


I love modern art mixed with the old architecture.
I do.
It is how the many Parisians do it,
so it's good enough for me.
But actually, 
I think it lets a space breath 
when you can break up the 'constant' of a traditional style.




Okay,
now here is where I get 'bitcheeee'
Regarding this kitchen-
the only thing in keeping with the home's architecture is the copper pots,
and maybe the French bistro stools.
Are they kidding?
Since they are mixing modern/contemporary...
Do a Poggenpohl kitchen.
 Knock out a wall and look out onto the fantastic gardens....
or do it a classic traditional kitchen.
Like something Joni from 'Cote De Texas' has featured.
Those cabinets are from hunger...yucko.
But I will end on a nice note,
I love the sub zero.
I'm just saying.....
they could have done better!



There are three swimming pools, including this indoor lap pool.
wow!!!



Have a lovely weekend.
I am off to atone for my sins.
For tomorrow is Yom Kippur.

Love to you XXX's
click here to read article in the N.Y.T.
French Kitchen from http://www.veranda.com


Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design, Design Center of The Americas, D.C.O.T.A.,french chateau, gardens. pools
Share/Save/Bookmark

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading