Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Unique Ways to Display Family Photos

Tuesday, September 14, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

I saw this idea in the September issue of Country Living and thought it was a great alternative to the countless picture frames that can accumulate on all of the surfaces in your home when you have lots of photos you want to enjoy. You may have all already seen it/done it, but I thought I would share it just in case.

You can upload your family photos to blurb.com and create a professionally bound coffee table book to enjoy! A great gift idea too. Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't done this yet.

Country Living also suggests enlarging and printing a favorite family photo on canvas using a company like Canvas Art. I like the way they've leaned this one against the wall versus hanging it.


Here are some other ideas that we've talked about in previous posts but they're from last fall, so some of you may not have seen them.

Clipping favorite photos to your fall branch display. They can be rotated depending on what's going on (family celebrations, holidays, special guests and occasions, or just the every day happenings of life)

BHG.com

Of course Pottery Barn always has creative ideas and this is still one of my favorites!


Remember this image from this post, where I talked about "wallpapering" your walls with photos? I think this would be a great way to enjoy a variety of family photos and make a design statement at the same time. Normally this idea would be a little busy for me, but they've used all white mats and the frame colors are consistent with the colors used in the furnishings and fabrics in the room which keeps it from getting crazy.

__________________________________________________________

PHOTOS IN A BOWL

If you're like me (not a scrapbooker) and have old photos stashed away in cabinets (or a bunch on your computer that you never see), why not purchase a large decorative bowl, basket or tray for the coffee table in your family room and put all of the loose photos in it? It's a good conversation starter, adds another level of texture and interest, and is a nice way to be able to enjoy your photos when you're just hanging out. (I already know that the mom's with little ones who constantly have sticky fingers are questioning this idea, but I had to bring it up. :-))

____________________________________________________________

I posted this one not long after I started blogging and I still love it (via Small Place Style)...


How do you display/enjoy your family photos?

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading