Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Happy New Year

Friday, December 31, 2010


Knme.org


Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish  all of you a happy, healthy, prosperous new year.  Thank you for reading my blog, following me, and for any comments you left.  In 2011, I hope to bring you more information about decorating, paint colors and staging.  I 'd like to include some field trip stories showcasing some of the places I shop for decorating goodies.  I'll also be featuring  my January trips to America's Mart  in Atlanta, Georgia, and the Real Estate Staging Association conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Tonight, my mother, my husband, and I  will be celebrating new year's eve at our community clubhouse.  As I think about all of the wonderful things that happened to me last year, I am reminded of how fortunate and blessed I am.  Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful lady who was the pub manager of a local Irish pub. Every time, my mother , husband and I visited this pub to listen to some authentic Irish music, we marvelled at this woman's energy and warmth.  She really made us feel at home and welcomed, even getting out on the floor and dancing an Irish jig with my mom. The last time we frequented this pub, I remember thinking how lucky that establishment was to have such a great employee.  You can imagine how saddened we were  to hear that this beautiful human being was hit by a car on Christmas Day.  Just goes to show you how precious life really is.

Make a resolution to enjoy 2011 by taking some time out of your busy life to spend time with family and friends.  I know lots of times I get so caught up in my business that I forget to call a family member or have lunch with a friend. It's a shame because when I do these things, I feel instantly reenergized. My resolution this year will be to find a better life/work balance - to appreciate life.  What will your resolution be?  How can you improve your quality of life for 2011?

Wishing all of you the best for 2011,

Mary 

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential." ~ Ellen Goodman







Blog Archive

 

Most Reading