Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lattice Panels

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

There is SO much great inspiration in this month's Traditional Home magazine! Seriously. If you haven't checked it out, I would recommend you do. Luckily, I'm a subscriber so I just run out to the mailbox and there it is! (and, no, they're not paying me to say this :-))

Among many other great rooms, they featured this beautiful dining room designed by Victoria Neale of Victoria Neale Interiors (Photos by Gordon Beall).

One thing that really stood out to me was the wall insets. She hand-dyed the fabric tape with green water-based paint and stapled the strips to the walls to create lattice panels. I love the idea, and think it would work just as well to create art by attaching the strips to canvas. You could frame them or leave them unframed, depending on your preference. I also love the way she added the green stripe to the settee (first photo). A small custom detail that makes such a difference.

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading