Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Craigslist Buy

Monday, April 12, 2010


Two weeks ago I purchased this craigslist find - advertised as a Georgian mahagony fold-down- top desk from the early 1800's. Two of the three ivory key hole inserts are still in place and the secret drawer hidden underneath the bottom of the center section is a big hit w/my kids. It has a little ivory drawer pull on it. The hardware is brass but it appears to have replaced the original oval shaped hardware.
It wasn't a giveaway but at $350 I'm really happy with it. It's 46" wide and it has found a home in the family room centered between two french doors on other side. I'm changing that room completely and have moved furniture all around so right now there are only 2 pieces in there that were there last year (black bar cabinet and my $5 glass coffee table). Once work dies down and I have a bit more free time I'll post pictures of my redecorated dining room/library and my family room in progress.
For a bit of eye candy, here's a secretary desk from the home of Rosa Bernal, image from Nuevo Estilo here. Hope you had a great weekend. Michele

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading