Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Cork and Message Boards

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

allyou.com

Janell at Isabella & Max Rooms just made some message boards for her home and also did a Message Center Ideabook on Houzz (the chalk board fireplace below was my favorite), so I thought today would be a good day to share those links with you and also include a few other ideas/images that I had in my files.
Rie

home design

We’ve all seen the message/cork boards made with the ribbon design. This LOOKS like one, but the design you see is actually a window insert purchased at the hardware store. Find out how they made it at BHG.com



A message center made from a cookie sheet! Find the complete "how-to" HERE.


A cork board. Literally. From Simply Em via Young House Love...


Southern Living shows you how to make this family command center:


Both this corkboard and chalkboard are hung on a mechanism that allows them to slide so that they cover the fuse box but also allow access to it as needed. Clever!

myhomeideas.com

If you've got a little more room, you could do something like this 7-Day Cork Board at Apartment Therapy...


I posted about this in August of 2009 when I had a lot fewer followers/subscribers so I thought it wouldn't hurt to include it again. If it's too large, you could always scale it down to one section. Woman's Day has complete instructions on how to make it.


This isn't exactly a message board, but besides the fact that I just generally like this image, I did also notice that the lamp appears to be cork? Convenient to pin a little reminder to of what you need to remember in the morning? or not... I know. It's a stretch. :-) Great image though, isn't it?

myhomeideas.com Photo Roger Davies

K46MQRX4AY6R

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading