Powered by Blogger.

Followers

BOING , BOING , BOING !!!!

Friday, March 20, 2009


Remember Lara & Dr Zhivago ????
Remember when they ran away and hid in the frozen palace ?
This made a huge impression on me.
The first chandelier I bought was on E. 61st St. in NYC.
It was an ornate Murano Glass chandelier in a milky white. And I had to have it because it reminded of the frozen over palace that the lovers hid in during the revolution.
BOING !!! We bounce back like magic every year.
The FREEZE is over now........................it is spring.

Love is in the air...............

Happy Springtime

Believe it or not, the close-up of this branch is what started this post.

I found this 6 months ago and thought...............hmmmmmm....
If I were a patient person, with a steady hand, or I could deal with tedious......
I would try to make this. This pic is a closeup of a chandelier made entirely of branches.
Obviously, they are wired by hand ,and then the tiniest bulbs are attached.
Then, teeny tiny little shells or flat beads ( whatever) are attached around the bulbs.
How FABOO !!!!!
Savanna, Georgia



I saw this and thought of FIFI FLOWERS, and said to myself; "FIFI's work would be great on fabric, I wonder if she might try it ? "
Yes, I would like FIFI's design more than this ! ( duh ) Although it is all a matter of personal preference.

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading