Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Going Dutch (doors)

Sunday, January 16, 2011


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

I really like the idea of a dutch door. In the case of the door in the image below, they state that it's both charming (which it is!) and practical because it lets in the fresh beach breezes and provides flexible access to and from the courtyard.



Hmmm... No beach breezes happening here, but I still like the idea. I think for now, though, I'll just have to compromise with my phantom screens to get that feeling of having the outside closer when I'm indoors.

What about an interior dutch door, though?  Karla, from It's The Little Things That Make a House a Home, transformed an old door (that she found at the side of the road for FREE) into a dutch door - and took the entrance to her laundry room from this...
to this.  Didn't they do a great job? For the full scoop, check out this post.

What do you think? Would you ever go dutch (interior or exterior)?

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading