Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Room Divider and Fabric Outlets

Monday, January 31, 2011


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .
BHG Storage Fall/Winter 2010 Photo Emily Minton-Redfield
When I saw this flat panel TV stands/room divider in a BHG special interest magazine, I thought it was such a clever and functional idea! It divides the space without blocking the view and creates another "wall" for the TV where there previously wasn't one.  I don't know what is on the other side of the TV stand, but I think it would be a great idea to hang artwork on it to create more interest.

What do you think? Good idea, right?

____________________________________

midwest living
On to fabric outlets. I went this weekend and was reminded of what I love and don't love about them.

First of all, DO NOT go on the weekend. There were so many people it was very hard to even get around. The fabric bolts were pushed all over the place, sometimes blocking the aisles, and the poor people trying to keep them straightened could not keep up. Slightly chaotic.

What I like.
SO much fabric. I love fabric and I love that there's so much of it. So many possibilities and, in a way, I like the challenge of finding the gem among all of the not-so-much gems.

The prices! You can find some really great fabric (if you look hard) for next to nothing compared to retail prices.
BHG.com

What I don't like.
SO much fabric. :-) It's hard to sort through and it's all on the bolt right side in so it's very hard to see. It takes a LOT of work to dig through and find something you can use.
You can cut samples, but there's no guarantee that the same fabric will actually be there when you go back.

Do you shop at fabric outlets? Like them? Any tips?

____________________________________

Thanks to all of you who linked up to the Paint Series Linky Party! I'll be highlighting some favorites later this week.

RELATED POSTS:
- A Unique Room Divider
- DIY Entryway
- Clever Curtaining and Other Great Design Ideas
- Laminated Fabrics
- Design Your Own Fabrics
- Fabric Sources - Expand Your Options

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading