Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Family Room Makeover

Monday, January 10, 2011


THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .


Have you seen this family room makeover from Canadian House and Home?


BEFORE


They turned a blank-slate addition into a cozy family room with a nice, casual eclectic mix that would be easy to imitate.


BEFORE


The striped window treatment fabric was used horizontally rather than vertically for a different twist. I think it looks great but if stripes aren't your thing a solid color pulled from any one of the throw pillows could be used as well.


They also reused some pieces that the homeowner already had, like the chair which they slipcovered in a fabric from JoAnns called Pegasus.

For all the details/sources, you can check out Cameron's post or watch the video: Fashion-Inspired Decorating


___________________________________________


Speaking of makeovers, remember when I made my DIY Mudroom/Laundry Room Bench and I had plans to make a cushion for it, paint the room, make a valance - all which never really got done. Sigh.  I know.  I should be embarrassed since it's been over a year, but I'm really not. :-) But... I FINALLY got the walls painted and I'm SO happy about it. I haven't taken any pictures yet because by the time I got done it was dark outside and I just haven't had a chance in the daylight yet. Promise to share when they're taken. I'll give you a hint though.  Gray...

HAPPY MONDAY!

Blog Archive

 

Most Reading